4.12.2013

High Five for Friday

1. & 2. Not one, but TWO, of my friends became engaged women this week! Kristin, one of my roommates, was surprised by her (now) fiance Jim last Friday when she opened our front door and he was there, down on one knee, with a gorgeous rock. He drove all the way from Chicago to surprise her with his proposal. Abbye, a sweet friend from college, was also surprised when her (now) fiance proposed to her on a mountainside while on a visit to Pittsburgh to see his mom. I am beyond excited for both of these wonderful girls and their future hubbies!

3. My roommates bought some gluten-free blueberry waffles for me last week. I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed eating them for breakfast the past few days. Seriously, y'all, it really is the little things in life!

4. My boss asked me to attend a meeting for her on Wednesday because she was unable to go. At first, I wasn't sure how I felt about going to this meeting, but I am so glad I went. It was a meeting for representatives from various organizations in Philly that work with media/arts and youth. I was so encouraged by this group of incredibly passionate and dedicated individuals!

5. There's an organization in Philly called Mighty Writers, and I'm kind of obsessed with their concept. I would LOVE to work with them (or another organization like them) in the - perhaps not-so-distant - future, but for today, I'm just thankful they exist because the work they do is so valuable.

No comments:

Post a Comment